Monday, January 18, 2010

VB.NET, one event for multiple controls?

I came across an example that looks like this:





Public Sub OnClockTick2(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As


EventArgs) Handles MyFirstButton.Click, MySecondButton.Click


Console.WriteLine(';Received a click event of first or second button';)


End Sub





which gives me an idea of what I am trying to do. I have a form with multiple textboxes, and I want to do the same thing for each of those textboxes when text is changed in any of them. My question is, however, how do I determine which textbox was changed? Would it have something to do with ';sender'; ?





thanks!!VB.NET, one event for multiple controls?
sender is an Object.


All Objects have an Equals() method for reference comparison.





Compare sender to MyFirstButton with a simple if..else statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment