Monday, January 18, 2010

VB.NET Coping with many controls?

I've come to a point in project that there are roughly 500-600 controls on one form, these are all organized into groupbox/panels/tabs. The problem I'm getting is that I've run out of space and now just moving one panel to the side is connecting with a group box in another one you cant even see, could anybody please point me in the right direction on how combat this?





Is it possible to turn automatic parenting of controls? I'm pretty happy with my layout, I just need to move things about now and again.VB.NET Coping with many controls?
That many controls? Are they all necessary? Could you not simplify your form or have more than one form?





Instead of having tabs, have another form, then on Userform1 you can insert a button to show Userform2 instead of selecting a tab?





Then you could have multiple tabs (you can have more than one tab-page-book on one form) on multiple forms.





There's more than one way to skin a cat. Is the way you're doing it now the best/easiest way?

No comments:

Post a Comment