Saturday, January 16, 2010

Can you tell me a third-party control that's used in VB.NET?

Can anyone tell me how this third-party control is used in an application? Can you tell me the advantages and the disadvantages of using these third-party controls in this application?Can you tell me a third-party control that's used in VB.NET?
Disadvantage - price.





Advantage - saves you a lot of work, and gets you something you might not have been able to write.





It gives you the same control, form after form, project after project. (My currency box formats the numbers, has calculator-entry [entry is from the right], only allows one decimal point and only 2 digits to the right of it, fills zeros to the right of the decimal point and has a value property that's only numbers - no commas, $s, etc. The same on all my projects. It's not third-party, though - I wrote it and I use it. It's a trivial example of a custom control.)





You use a custom control the same way you use a text box - put it on the form, set its properties, refer to its properties in the code, etc. A lot of the controls that ship with VB are custom controls that Microsoft licensed.

No comments:

Post a Comment